Welcome back everybody!
Miss Robinson and Mrs Arrand are excited to see everybody back in Violet class!
Below you will find details of what we have planned for your learning this term.
Autumn term 2021
Our project question this term is 'Is the sky the limit?'
Our classrooms have an aviation theme.
We will be focusing on...
- Character profiles (based on familiar fictional characters)
- Labels, lists and captions
- Writing non-fiction texts
- Shape poetry
- Letter writing
- Diary entry
- Newspaper report
- Practising ongoing SPAG skills such as punctuation, sentence structure, common exception spellings, word types, using adjectives, conjunctions and interesting sentence openers
- Number and Place value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Properties of shapes (2D and 3D shapes)
- Measurement (length, height and weight)
- Multiplication and Division
- Statistics (pictograms, tally charts and tables)
Science - Materials
- Materials - uses of everyday materials, comparing and classifying different materials based on their simple physical properties e.g. transparent
- Identifying natural and manufactured materials
- Explain why materials are suitable for making certain things
- Research significant scientists and their impact e.g. Dunlop, Mackintosh and McAdam
- Significant events - Remembrance Day
- Aviation timeline - how aviation has developed
- Key event - The Dambusters mission
- Significant individual - Amy Johnson (Why is she remembered?)
- Identify the four countries that make up the UK
- Name the three seas that surround the UK
- Name and locate on a map the four capital cities of the UK
- Name key London landmarks
- Photography - take photographs and retrieve them from a device
- Make edits to photographs and know how to take a 'screen shot'
- Developing our Chromebook skills - logging on, navigate Apps
- Developing word processing (using the internet to add text to their chosen picture)
Design and Technology
- Focus on vehicles - design and make a moving vehicle with wheels and axles
- Focus on drawing - teach and practice different drawing, sketching and shading techniques
- Look at a range of aviation artwork
- Focus artist study - Jim Laurier (aviation artist)
- Focus on pitch (high and low sounds). Children will be exploring a range of instruments and comparing their sounds, composing, performing and appraising music (aviation themed music)
- Gymnastics - developing balance, agility, and co-ordination
- Dance- opportunities to perform dance sequences
- 'Being me in my world' (positive behaviour choices and their impact)
- 'Being Human' - Key beliefs in Islam