Welcome back everybody!
Mrs Woodhead and Mrs Bell are excited to see everybody back in Blue class!
Below you will find details of what we have planned for your learning this term.
Autumn term 2020
Our project question this term is 'What makes a city unique?'
Our classrooms have been themed around modern London.
We will be..........
- Creating character profiles
- Reading Paddington bear books
- Creating non-fiction factfiles about London
- Poetry linked to Bonfires/Fireworks
- Writing letters (Y2)
- Diary entries (Y2)
- Newspaper report (Y2)
- Practising ongoing SPAG skills such as punctuation, sentence structure, common exception spellings, word types
- Number and Place value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Properties of Shapes
- Multiplicatioh and Division (Y2 only)
- Statistics (Y2 only)
- Fractions (Y1 only)
Science - Materials
- Identifying and describing materials, sorting and comparing and carrying out an experiment (Y1)
- Properties of materials, comparing materials, uses of materials and their suitability, exploring how the shape of materials can be changed and explore scientists who have developed new and useful materials (Y2)
- Learning about the significant event that was 'The Gunpowder Plot'. Children will learn about what happened, why and the impact that this has had
- There will be a focus on the Geography of the UK
- Naming the countries that make the UK and focusing on the different physical and human features of the UK (Y1)
- Identifying the capital cities of the UK and focusing on London and it's landmarks. (Y2)
- Word processing
- Using the internet
- Creating factual i-movies about London
Design and Technology
- Focus on mechanisms
- Levers and Sliders - design, make and evaluate a moving picture (Y1)
- Wheels and axles - design, make and evaluate a moving city vehicle. (Y2)
- Focus on drawing
- Artist study of Andy Warhol - following on from this children will create their own PopArt style artwork.
- Artist study of Leonardo Da Vinci - children will create their own charcoal sketches of London landmarks.
- Focus on Pitch (Y1). Children will be exploring tuned and untuned instruments, composing, performing and appraising music.
- Focus on Pitch, Tempo and Pulse (Y2). Children will be exploring tuned and untuned instruments, composing, performing and appraising music.
- Body Management (balancing, sequences, moving my body in different ways)
- Indoor Athletics (running, jumping, throwing)
- Outdoor Orienteering and Problem solving
- Being Me in My World
- Celebrating differences
- Y1 - Looking At Me, Looking At You - what makes us unique?
- Y2 - Belonging - what does it mean to belong?
Blue class is a mixed class of Year 1 and Year 2 children. Mrs Woodhead is the teacher and Mrs Bell is the Teaching Assistant. Our class page is where you will find information about our PE times, library days, book change days and any other important dates/facts you need to know! You will also be able to find out about our curriculum, topics, pictures of us learning and also what our classroom looks like throughout the year. We hope you enjoy our page and find all the information you need. Currently we have a transition booklet below that you should share before September with your child and also a video of the classroom currently (please bear in mind that the classroom will look different in September due to the current situation and also there will be a change of topic!)
We can't wait to meet you!