Welcome back everybody!
Mrs Dalgairns and Mrs Johnson are excited to see everybody back in Indigo class!
Below you will find details of what we have planned for your learning this term.
Summer term 2021
Our project question this term is 'How does your garden grow?'
Our classrooms have been themed around a traditional English country garden.
We will be focusing on......
- Story writing (retelling, planning and writing our own)
- Diary entry
- Practising ongoing SPAG skills such as punctuation, sentence structure, common exception spellings, word types, using adjectives, conjunctions and interesting sentence openers
- Number and Place value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Position and direction
- Problem solving
Science - Materials
- Seasonal change (a recap)
- Animals - how they grow and change and their basic needs
- Plants - naming a variety of plants, flowers and trees, what do plants need to survive, how do they grow and reproduce
- Toys through time - the history of toys
- There will be a focus on the Geography of the local area.
- Local landmarks
- Local human and physical features
- Simple maps and keys
- Using a compass
- Using Google Earth/Street View
- Looking at aerial photographs
- Word processing
- Using the internet
- Developing our Chromebook skills
Design and Technology
- Focus on structures - design, make and evaluate a piece of playground equipment.
- Focus on sculpture - studying the sculpture work of Jill Townsley, Eva Rothschild and Anish Kapoor, children to create their own clay pot.
- Focus on Timbre (how one musical note sounds different from another). Children will be exploring timbre, composing, performing and appraising music.
- Net/wall games
- Athletics (running, jumping, throwing)
- Sending and Receiving
- Locomotion (moving in different ways)
- Questions, questions - exploring answers to religious questions such as 'How was the world created?'
Indigo class is a Year 2 class.
The teacher in Indigo Class is Mrs Dalgairns and the teaching assistant is Mrs Johnson.Our class page is where you will find information about our PE times, library days, book change days and any other important dates/facts that you need to know! You will also be able to find out about our curriculum, topics, pictures of us learning and also what our classroom looks like throughout the year.
We hope you enjoy our page and find all the information you need. Currently we have a transition booklet below that you could share before September with your child and a short video classroom tour.
We are so excited to meet you all very soon!