Welcome back everybody!
Mrs Dalgairns and Mrs Johnson are excited to see everybody back in Indigo class!
Below you will find details of what we have planned for your learning this term.
Autumn term 2020
Our project question this term is 'What makes a city unique?'
Our classrooms have been themed around modern London.
We will be..........
- Creating character profiles
- Reading Paddington bear books
- Creating non-fiction factfiles about London
- Poetry linked to Bonfires/Fireworks
- Writing letters
- Diary entries
- Newspaper report
- Practising ongoing SPAG skills such as punctuation, sentence structure, common exception spellings, word types
- Number and Place value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Properties of Shapes
- Multiplicatioh and Division
Science - Materials
- Properties of materials, comparing materials, uses of materials and their suitability, exploring how the shape of materials can be changed and explore scientists who have developed new and useful materials
- Learning about the significant event that was 'The Gunpowder Plot'. Children will learn about what happened, why and the impact that this has had
- There will be a focus on the Geography of the UK
- Identifying the capital cities of the UK and focusing on London and it's landmarks.
- Word processing
- Using the internet
- Creating factual i-movies about London
Design and Technology
- Focus on mechanisms
- Wheels and axles - design, make and evaluate a moving city vehicle.
- Focus on drawing
- Artist study of Andy Warhol - following on from this children will create their own PopArt style artwork.
- Artist study of Leonardo Da Vinci - children will create their own charcoal sketches of London landmarks.
- Focus on Pitch, Tempo and Pulse. Children will be exploring tuned and untuned instruments, composing, performing and appraising music.
- Body Management (balancing, sequences, moving my body in different ways)
- Indoor Athletics (running, jumping, throwing)
- Outdoor Orienteering and Problem solving
- Being Me in My World
- Celebrating differences
- Belonging - what does it mean to belong?
Indigo class is a Year 2 class.
The teacher in Indigo Class is Mrs Dalgairns and the teaching assistant is Mrs Johnson.Our class page is where you will find information about our PE times, library days, book change days and any other important dates/facts that you need to know! You will also be able to find out about our curriculum, topics, pictures of us learning and also what our classroom looks like throughout the year.
We hope you enjoy our page and find all the information you need. Currently we have a transition booklet below that you could share before September with your child and a short video classroom tour.
We are so excited to meet you all very soon!