We are a group of children who meet regularly to share ideas and make decisions to make our school the happiest, healthiest place it can be. We have two children from each Key Stage 1 class and meet with Miss Parker who helps us in our meetings.
Every September we have a School Election day where any child hoping to be a School Councillor presents their campaign to their class, explaining why they think they would make a great School Councillor. Every child then votes for a boy and a girl who they would like to represent their class in the School Council; the boy and girl from each class with the most votes are the successful candidates! We use this time to teach our children about the British Value of Democracy.
Here are some of the exciting things we have done in previous years...
- We have shown new families around our school.
- We wrote a new set of rules for the Trim Trail to be displayed in all of our classrooms.
- We helped Miss Parker to update all of our playground equipment to help us be as active as possible at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Councillor Bromby from the local council came to work with us. She gave us lots of top tips to be a great councillor e.g. be a good listener and communicator! Maybe one day we could be councillors for Parliament!
- We sold produce from our school garden at a Macmillan coffee afternoon.
- We completed some research to help make playtimes more fun.
- We planned and hosted our own stall at the school Christmas and Summer Fayre.
- We shared our views about how we learn best at Bottesford Infant School.
- We help interview new members of staff that want to join our school. We are pleased that the governors listened to our feedback when we interviewed: Mrs Dunstan, Miss Watson & Miss Smith. They were the best and we knew they would make learning fun! Our most enjoyable interview was when we were trying to find a new head cook. We had to sample their cooking and mark it out of 10! Mrs Fox made the best food so we were pleased she got the job!
During the Autumn term we have:
- Helped with the Aldi kit4schools campaign!
Here we are with all of our new playground equipment! We will help to ensure all of the equipment is used correctly and packed away properly.
Our mission to improve our playground and further develop our active playtimes has begun!