Welcome to our School Council page!
We are a group of children who meet each month to help give ideas and make decisions to make our school a happy and safe place for everyone. We have two children from each class in our group and we meet with Miss Parker who helps us in our meetings.
Here are some of the exciting things we have done in previous years...
- Councillor Bromby from the local council came to work with us. She gave us lots of top tips to be a great councillor e.g. be a good listener and communicator! Maybe one day we could be councillors for Parliament!
- We sold produce from our school garden at a Macmillan coffee afternoon.
- We completed some research to help make playtimes more fun.
- We planned and hosted our own stall at the school Christmas and Summer Fayre.
- We shared our views about how we learn best at Bottesford Infant School.
- We help interview new members of staff that want to join our school. We are pleased that the governors listened to our feedback when we interviewed: Mrs Dunstan, Miss Watson & Miss Smith. They were the best and we knew they would make learning fun! Our most enjoyable interview was when we were trying to find a new head cook. We had to sample their cooking and mark it out of 10! Mrs Fox made the best food so we were pleased she got the job!
- We help to show all the new families around school.
- We wrote a new set of rules for the Trim Trail to be displayed in all of our classrooms.
A big thank-you to the 2016-2017 School Councillors for helping us make our school the best it can be.
Our mission to improve our playground and further develop our active playtimes has begun!