* At Bottesford Infant School we recognise the variety of religious and non-religious backgrounds from which our pupils come.
* We recognise children are to be taught RE through the context of Christianity and one other religion. We focus on Hinduism as the additional religion required.
* We welcome the diversity and we intend to be sensitive to the home backgrounds of each child.
* We are grateful to have the active support of religious members of our local community to support the teaching of RE.
* We recognise the inter-relationship between pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, and the leading role which the RE curriculum plays in some of these areas.
The Aims of RE at Bottesford Infant School are for pupils to:
* Value themselves and others
* Value the role of the family and the community in religious belief and activity
* Celebrate diversity in society by understanding similarities and differences
* Understand sustainable development on the Earth
* Understand Christianity and Hinduism and be able to develop their own ideas, values and identities and respect the right of others to differ
* Explore and actively promote British Values of democracy, the rule of law, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
* Develop their spiritual, moral, social, cultural and intellectual skills by asking ‘big’ questions and reflecting on their own beliefs, values and experiences
* Become well equipped as an adult to participate positively in a society of diverse religions and worldviews
For more detail into termly coverage by year group, please use link below ‘Programmes of unit for KS1’.
This is Reverend Simon Dean. He is a Reverend at St Peter's Church in Bottesford. Reverend Dean comes into school and delivers whole-school assemblies. He talks to us about church services, Christian celebrations, The Bible, artefacts, his role in the church and lots more!
Here are some useful websites for home learning: